There are many cool things about getting a college degree. One of them is having a well-known and successful person give an inspirational speech at your graduation ceremony.
StateUniversity.com recently posted the inspirational advice given by 10 well-known graduation (a.k.a. commencement) speakers from the last 50 years. Those speakers are:
- John F. Kennedy: American University, 1963
- Dr. Seuss: Lake Forest College, 1977
- Russell Baker: Connecticut College, 1995
- Kermit the Frog: Southampton College, Long Island University, 1996
- Jon Bon Jovi: Monmouth University, 2001
- Toni Morrison: Wellesley College, 2004
- Steve Jobs: Stanford University, 2005
- Oprah Winfrey: Howard University, 2007
- Bill Gates: Harvard University, 2007
- J.K. Rowling: Harvard University, 2008
Check out the full post and each speaker’s advice here.