- Only 0.4 percent of college students attend an Ivy League school.
- More than 39 percent of students attend community colleges.
- Only 13 percent of public universities accept less than half of their applicants; only 18 percent of private schools accept less than half of their applicants.
- 20 percent of college freshmen must take at least one remedial course.
- 38 percent of students at public four-year colleges graduate without loan debt; 28 percent of students at private colleges graduate without loan debt.
Click here for more interesting facts about college students.