Fortunately, you can take steps to ensure that your college decision is about “fit,” not finances. According to College Admissions Partners, the best way to get adequate aid from colleges is to ask the right questions when you assemble your school list. These questions include the following:
- What percentage of my need will you meet?
- What is your packaging policy?
- Do you offer merit-based aid?
- How is financial aid determined after the first year?
- What is the average debt at graduation of those students who take loans?
Click here to learn more about these and other important aid questions to ask.